REPAIRS | JAYZ AUTO REPAIRS
We have an air conditioning technician in-house. We use a fully automatic air conditioning re-gas machine which will extract your gas, recycle it and disperse the correct amount back into your system. Surely this is better than some guy with gauges and a gas bottle sitting next to the road?
A Re-Gas at Jayz Auto, Randburg contains the following:
- Extraction of old gas if any
- Vacuum Test (Removal of moisture)
- Leak Test
- Dispersing of the correct amount of gas and oil
- Adding of Dye for future leaks
- Pollen filter inspection
- Temperature Test
We offer a full auto electrical solution for your vehicle. We have our own in house Auto Electricians that can attend to all makes of vehicles. We also have top of the range software which assists us to complete our auto electrical functions to world class standards.
Here are some of our Auto Electrical Solutions:
- Headlamp upgrades
- Bosch Batteries
- Bosch Globes
- Computer Boxes
- Comfort Systems
- Injector Repairs and Programming
We know that your safety is important to you. We can keep it that way by offering you world class brake repairs backed by Jayz Auto. When you bring your vehicle to us we inspect your entire brake system to ensure the proper operation thereof. Only quality pads and discs are used and it carries a guarantee. Brake fluid is just as important as the brake pads itself. Brake fluid is hydroscopic meaning it absorbs moisture from the air. Water then accumulates in your brake system and can cause defects to your ABS pump and other brake components. One should have your brake fluid changed by a professional institution like us at least once a year.
If you are not sure if your vehicle’s brake fluid should be changed you can stop by our workshop and we will do a FREE brake fluid test.
We offer the following brake repairs:
- Replacement of brake fluid
- Replacement of front disc and pads
- Replacement of brake sensors
- Repairs to brake calipers
- Replacement of rear discs and pads
- Skimming of discs
- Skimming of drums
- Re-bonding of rear brake shoes
- Adjustment of handbrakes
- Replacement of cables or hoses
- Reconditioning of older type of master cylinders
- Replacements of master cylinders and wheel cylinders
- ABS system diagnostics and repairs
Your Clutch is an item that would most probably need changing once or twice in your vehicle’s life time. We specialize in these replacements and only use top brand clutches and pressure plates such as Sachs and LUK.
We offer the following clutch system repairs:
- Replacement of clutch fluid
- Master cylinder repairs/replacement
- Slave cylinder repairs/replacement
- Replacement of clutch cables and adjustments
- Skimming of flywheel
- Dual mass flywheels
- Torque converter overhauls for auto boxes
It is very important to take care of your vehicle’s cooling system. A mixture of water and antifreeze flows through your hoses, radiator, engine and your interior heater radiator. Should your cooling system not have the required amount of antifreeze in it, rust will form and failure of the last mentioned components will happen. We can test your antifreeze content by testing the glycol with a coolant hydrometer. We can also pressure test your cooling system and advice on any leaks.
We offer the following cooling system repairs:
- Replacement of all hoses
- Replacement of water pumps and thermostats
- Pressure testing
- Interior radiator repairs/replacement
- Welsh plugs
- Electric and Viscous radiator fans
- Block test
- Water pump replacing
C.V Joints, Propshafts and Wheelbearings
Your C.V Joints, Propshaft and Wheel bearings are some of the components that work in the most rugged environment. Constantly turning at very high speeds and temperatures under impact of road conditions these items do and will not last forever. When we do a service on your vehicle we always give them a good inspection but the wear usually occurs on the inside where a trained technician can’t see.
We can expertly repair these items at a very competitive price for you. We have two poster lifts where these components can be removed, repaired and replaced. We offer a full guarantee on our work.
We offer the following solutions:
- CV Reconditioning – Shafts and Joints
- CV Boots and grease refills
- Propshaft Reconditioning and Balancing
- Centre Bearings
- New CV boots
- Wheel Bearings
- Spring tensioning – Coil and Leaf spring
- Hub replacements
- Wheel nut replacements
Today’s modern vehicles require sophisticated diagnostic equipment and expertly trained technicians. Our workshop has both. We have Bosch diagnostic equipment and vehicle specific diagnostic equipment. We seriously invest in the latest diagnostic equipment to provide you, the motorist, with a total diagnostic solution. We have the latest diagnostics equipment that sets us apart from many other workshops.
We cover all diagnostic aspects of your vehicle. Here is but a few of the symptoms that we can diagnose and repair on your engine:
- High fuel consumption
- Engine starting but uneven running
- Engine starting but cutting out
- Hard starting when cold
- Hard starting when hot
- Excessive smoking
- Engine running hot
- Maximum power not reached
- And so much more…
We also do diagnostics on these vehicle systems
- Air bags
- Instrument clusters
- Fuel Injection
- Diesel fuel injection
- Convenient systems
- Suspension systems
- Climate Control
- Coding and programming (T’s and C’s)
- Immobilizer systems And much more…
There are so many components in and around your engine that is why you should stick to your service schedules. This will lower the risk of heavy costly repairs but sometimes they do happen and we can assist you to get them sorted out at a fair price. We have all the electronic workbooks in house with specifications for your vehicle’s engine. This alone should tell you that these guys know their stuff and we should be doing your engine’s repair. We also specialize in blown cylinder head gaskets and engine overhauls. We guarantee our work and have a quick turnaround time.
Here are some of our specialties in and around your vehicle’s engine and they are all approved by the RMI, AA and Jayz Auto:
- Cylinder heads
- Engine overhauls
- Oil leaks
- Water leaks
- Noise detection
- Sump leaks
- Block tests
- Noisy lifters
- Compression tests
- Cam belts
- Turbo Repairs
We specialize in the servicing and repairs of these components. Because they are usually out of way and out of sight a person tends to forget about them and if you don’t have a good workshop looking after your vehicle you end up with excessive repair bills. Both these items are serviceable items. We use the correct oil, draining and filling procedures to prolong the life of your drive train.
If something has gone wrong we offer you a expert repair with the proper guarantees to get you back on in gear!
We have an automatic gearbox flushing machine for complex gearboxes.
Our Gearbox and Differential services include:
- Automatic transmission oil changes + filters if applicable
- Manual gearbox oil changes
- Differential oil services
- Diagnostics of electronic transmission systems
- Skimming of flywheels
- Torque converters
- Oil leaks
- Gearbox Mountings
- Automatic Gearbox overhauls
- Differential Overhauls
Your steering system is one of the biggest safety aspects on your vehicle and should be in a 100% condition at all times. We double specialize in steering systems. Your steering system does not only make your vehicle turn but provides you the driver with a “feel” for the road. Stability is so important for safety but also for wear on your expensive tyres.
Allow us to carry out expert repairs on the suspension components of your vehicle which includes:
- Power steering pump repairs/replacements
- Power steering leaks
- Replacement of hoses and pipes
- Steering racks
- Steering rack ends
- Steering rack boots
- Ball joints
- Tie rod ends
- Control arms, Bushes upper and lower
- Drag links
- Stabilizer arms
- Hydraulic suspensions
You must have noticed that exhaust systems lasts so much longer these days and that is because of the new type fuel that we use. The only thing is that unlike the “old days” we now have systems like Catalytic Converters, Lambda or Oxygen Sensors. We can diagnose these components and offer repair solutions.
We offer you the following repair solutions:
- Lambda Sensors
- Catalytic Converters
- Leak repairs
- Manifold gaskets
- Flange gaskets
- Hanger rubbers
- DPF filter regeneration where possible
This is a great option for you should your engine be beyond repair or the option of an engine overhaul is too expensive. We buy imported engines from reputable suppliers or you have the option to buy the engine yourself and we will fit it for you. A lot of these engine suppliers wants to know that these engines are fitted by a reputable company. This is sometimes the only way that they will give you a guarantee.
We’ve had really good feedback with these imported engines and it makes financial sense!
How does the procedure work?
- We send a technician to go and select the best engine on the floor
- We request the company to start the engine for us before we purchase it, if possible
- We sometimes have to build over parts from your original engine such, as mountings, filter housings, flywheel and some brackets.
- We then fit the engine and start it up
- We do a cooling pressure, and compression tests
- The vehicle goes on a 200km test drive.
- Wash and final inspection
- You are then liable to get your new engine licensed and cleared